I am a stylus fanatic, and I've owned/used nearly all of the models available today, other than the 'smart stylus' types (I don't have the patience to program it.) Always on the hunt for THE perfect stylus, I recently purchased a few new models to try, and while I am not ready to give any of them a 'perfect' rating, they do each have some pretty compelling attributes worthy of sharing.
(Pictured in photo, top to bottom: Maglus Stylus, Sensu Brush, and TruGlide Pro)
First, the Maglus Stylus from Applydea.com:
- smooth, durable, highly conductive tip
- removable tip system (great if you tend to damage or wear out the conductive tip of your styl easily like me.)
- flat/round profile (comfy to use/hold and keeps it from rolling off the table)
- magnetized aluminum (designed to cling to your iPad, in much the same way as Apple's Smart Cover)
- a little large for small hands
- tip is a little big and though highly conductive/accurate it sometimes feels clunky.
- the magnetization is TOO strong (when I put the stylus loose in a bag, it clings to ANYTHING metal.
SCORE: 8 out of 10
Next is the Sensu Brush stylus from www.sensubrush.com:
- unique, dual tip construction
- true artist brush tip works well and feels realistic
- great for drawing and painting (not for tapping/interacting with app interfaces)
- brush end is hidden by the protective cap/handle when not using
- the protective cap/handle can be difficult to re-cap without damaging the brush tip
- stylus itself feels rather short/small, when not using the brush tip side
- brush tip is harder to control if not used to traditional painting
SCORE: 8.5 out of 10
Finally, we have the TruGlide Pro stylus from http://www.lynktec.com:
- unique micro-fiber conductive tip, truly glides across tablet screens
- the unique conductive material yields incredible responsive input
- comfortable to use, feels like a real pen
- has an interchangeable tip, with multiple tip styles for writing, drawing and painting (coming soon according to their site.)
- the micro-fiber tip is easily damaged (I ripped my first one by accidentally dropping it onto pavement)
- having to wait for the interchangeable artist tips to be released!
SCORE: 9.5 out of 10 (this one has the potential to be scored a 10, once those interchangeable tips are made available!)