SmallBox consists of a small but mighty team of thinkers and doers, and we're looking to hire our next team member! Whether we're building websites, developing brands, or outlining strategic plans, we believe in taking a human-centered approach to our research and design. That means we're often plunging into data and analysis long before we are building and designing experiences. Sound interesting? Read on!
Where You (our future Design Director) Fit In
You consider yourself a subject matter expert in human-centered design with 5+ years experience and proven results. Because of this experience, you are able to consistently deliver high quality work for our clients while also supporting the SmallBox team in new and innovative ways.
In your opinion, variety is the spice of life. One day you might be leading an ideation session with 50+ people and the next day you might be working heads down to outline research insights. You're comfortable being a project lead and visionary or serving as a supporting strategist and designer. You have a knack for making sense of fuzzy problems, using both written and visual communication skills to articulate your research and ideas, and serious visual design chops.
Education Curriculum Development
You've displayed thought leadership in the industry and enjoy sharing your knowledge whether collaboratively among team members, through written blogs, or when presenting at conferences, workshops, etc. Your enthusiasm for both human-centered design and education is an ideal combination to help elevate SmallBox's educational services. You're excited at the idea of developing transformational learning experiences that will help push our clients to new levels of mastery and success.
As an experienced designer and researcher, you're pumped to share your wisdom and insights with others on the team. Whether that's helping develop a professional development program or leading company-wide knowledge shares, your standards are high and you inspire others to continue to raise the bar.
- Design and facilitate research processes and methods that contribute to all aspects of a project
- Coach client teams to embrace human-centered design as a way to improve product and service outcomes
- Lead the research synthesis process, generating insights to inform solutions such as strategies, products, services, and experiences
- Communicate-visually, verbally, or through other means-insights and stories behind the strategy and solutions we design
- Manage a variety of tasks effectively and sensitively, including client needs, interests, and expectations
- Collaborate with colleagues to deliver insights, project experiences, and thought leadership
- Develop new content for the education components of our services
- Bring in new ideas on design trends to help build upon our current processes
A Sampling of Your Skills
- Visual design - web, brand, etc.
- Design research
How We Work: The SmallBox Way
- Being present.
- Creating value.
- Practicing respect.
- Thinking like an owner.
- Embracing failure and mistakes.
- Holding each other accountable.
- Building healthy habits and, behaviors.
- Embracing core values of curiosity, collaboration, courage, and persistence.
Well, if you made it this far, I imagine this description might suit you quite nicely. Let's talk! To apply, please fill out our new hire interest form.